Tanning Tips for a Sun-kissed skin
Are you sinfully white that you’d probably make snow white balk at being placed beside you? If you are pale as Bella from the Twilight after she’d become a vampire, then perhaps you need some tanning tips to get your skin a little bit of color.
You see, getting a tan is easy. All you have to do is lie outside your house and look for a spot where the sun hits then bask under its heat. However, you must know some precautions before you give your skin the sunny treatment it deserves.
Tanning tips: What LIes Beyond the Perfect Tan
We all know that you get a tan when you soaked under the sun while on the beach, or get it artificially in a tanning. It’s because all you’ll need is some UV or the ultraviolet radiation from the sun or the tanning lamps.Bu do you know that the cumulative damage caused by the UV radiation can lead to premature skin aging as well as skin cancer? It has been found out that indoor ultraviolet tanners are 74% more likely to develop melanoma compared to those who naturally acquire it outdoors.
However, this does not mean that you have to shy away from the sun; in fact, 5-10 minutes of unprotected sun 2-3 times a week is enough to help your skin make Vitamin D, which is essential for your health.
Tanning Tips without hurting your skin
So what does this say about getting a tan? These tanning tips will tell you what to do to get a tan without hurting your skin.
For artificial tanning:
- Apply moisturizer the night before so you prevent patchy tan caused by dry skin. Moisturize problem areas like wrists, hands, elbows, knees, ankles and feet.
- Exfoliate or remove oils, fragrances and other substances on your skin by shaving. Doing this will remove dead skin cells so you can tan evenly.
- Use tanning spray/lotion with color a few shades darker than your normal skin tone.
- Put on tanning gloves to prevent tanning your palms while applying the tanning solution.
- When applying tan, make sure you miss nothing. You can apply tan on the same area twice. Tan will only be patchy when you miss an area.
- Let the solution take its time to soak into your skin like a few hours. Then you can go outside without worries.
Tanning tips when you are outdoor:
- Wear sunscreen to allow a bit of UV rays to soak into your skin and do its tanning action while preventing the harmful effects of UVA and UVB rays.
- Buy water resistant sunscreen so it stays when you start sweating or when you are dipping in the water.
- Choose the best time of the day and avoid peak hours between 10am and 4pm to prevent sunburn.
- Don’t stay too long under the sun. You can build up a series of tanning session until your skin can tolerate the sun for longer hours.
The above tanning tips will help you get the perfect tan you want without worries about skin cancer, patchy tans and other hazardous effects of tanning on your body. So, while enjoying your stay at the beach resort of your choice, you can relax and laze under the sun while thinking about how the tan will make you glow even more.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
This article is contributed by John Major of Hacienda De Mita 206, Punta Mita Vacation House Rental. He is a full time traveler and a writer. He also works part time as an English instructor.